We know you love your family and work hard to provide only the best for them. Why then, would you feed them poison? It might sound dramatic to simplify it so, but with so many genetically modified foods with suspect farming methods in our supermarkets, how sure can you be that your family is eating healthily? There are tangible health benefits to using organic products that can be traced to a healthier, more balanced body and life.
The way foods are grown cannot only impact your health, but the environment also. Knowing how the food you’re feeding your family is grown might be just as important as what you
are feeding them. Children are four times more exposed to cancer-causing pesticide residue in food than adults are, and they are more susceptible to it because of their size and developing bodies. Switching from a conventional diet to an organic one makes for a healthy change and an effective way to limit your family’s exposure to harmful or even poisonous pesticides. Health benefits organic food holds for you and the environment are worth exploring.
Here are a few benefits organic products have for your body and the environment:
- Organic farming does not make use of the over 400 various pesticides used in conventional farming, and bans the use of artificial fertilizers that pollute our drinking water.
- Organic food is more much nutritious with higher mineral levels as a dramatic decrease in nutrient and mineral levels in fruits, dairy, meat and vegetables have occurred in conventional foods due to earlier (pre-ripened) picking, longer storage and more processing.
- Organic products such as fruits and vegetables show significant levels of cancer-fighting antioxidants. Research has shown that pesticides and herbicides used in conventional farming actually spoil the production of these antioxidants in produce.
- Organically raised animals do not receive antibiotics or growth hormones that aid in creating antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria that are potentially detrimental to your health. Organic farming practices assure the animals aren’t fed with animal by-products, which effectively reduces the risk of mad cow disease.
- Thanks to the organic farming practice of no industrial fertilizers or pesticides, a decline in some allergies and diseases have been credited to organically grown products. A healthy lifestyle is now easily achievable and well within reach should you decide to switch to an organic lifestyle.