We used to be meat eaters way back when, and always missed the taste of biltong. That is, until we came across this gem called Mushroom Biltong and we couldn't resist trying it out on a pizza. The result: Heaven!
You'll need these ingredients:
- One large onion sliced into thick slices
- 50g Blue cheese
- 100g organic Cheddar or Mozzarella
- 30g pack of Mushroom Biltong
- 1 Table spoon organic brown sugar
- 2 Table Spoons organic Balsamic Vinegar
- Big hand full of fresh rocket leaves
- Pizza dough/base (we made our dough with wholewheat stone ground flour with a Ma-baker)
Here's how we made it:
Pre-heat oven at 280 degrees.
Fry the onion until it starts to turn golden brown, ad the sugar and caramelize. Ad balsamic vinegar and allow to reduce. Spread over dough base (note that we did not use any tomato base with this pizza).
Slice the blue cheese in big chunks and sprinkle evenly. Tear the Mushroom biltong into pieces and add to pizza. Grate the cheddar or Mozzarella on top and put the pizza on the bottom shelve in the oven.
Bake until crispy and remove from oven.