Christmas cards you buy shops are expensive. I’d be OK with that, if they at least looked more unique and less mass-produced.
In my opinion they’re not special enough to give to the ones you love. If you like giving Christmas cards, perhaps you’d like to stick around and find out how quick and easy it is to make you own.
Now this Christmas gift idea may seem like a schlep but I think this method actual decreases the pain and increase the gain when it comes to Christmas cards.
Christmas Gift Idea 2: Unique Christmas Cards
This is how we do it.
- Head down to your nearest craft store and buy the following goodies if you don’t have them already.
- Buy a variety of creative paper and card board sheets. A4 and/or A3 sizes are perfect. Be sure to get sheets with natural and interesting looking textures. Also get sheets with a smooth surface on which you can write on with ballpoint pen.
- Next get some interesting decorative materials. Anything from raffia to hessian or anything that suits your personal taste or the occasion i.e. In this case Christmas.
- Naturally you’ll need glue
- Scissors and perhaps an NT Cutter
What we do is we collect all the re-useable decorations from other peoples Christmas gifts. This means we don’t have to buy new Christmas decorations every year which were all probably made in China.
But first, allow me to tell you the pros and cons of this Christmas Gift Idea
Pros – Of This Christmas Gift Idea
- Make a Christmas card in under 5 minutes
- Costs way less
- It’s special
- It’s unique
- Minimize the consumer mentality
- It’s creative. Express yourself. Your friends will be impressed.
Cons – Of This Christmas Gift Idea
- It takes a bit more time and effort
I hope you found this useful. And look out for our next post on Christmas gift ideas.