If you’re in the mood for a taste sensation that makes your tastebuds “do-a-little-disco-dance” then this home made vegetarian pizza may just be your thing. Read on to get the lowdown.
You’ll need these ingredients:
- 2-3 Tomatoes (organic if possible)
- One large Onion sliced in thick slices
- Large garlic gloves chopped in quite large chunky bits
- ±50g of blue cheese
- ±50g of cheddar or mozzarella cheese (We used the Woolies organic cheddar cheese)
- 2 table spoons of organic balsamic vinegar
- Table spoon of organic sugar
- Pizza dough/base (we made our dough with wholewheat stone ground flour with a Ma-baker)
Here’s how we made it:
Pre-heat oven at 280 degrees.
Using a hand blender, we blended the three tomatoes to be used as the tomato base on the pizza. Spread the blended tomatoes on the dough base.
Next, slice the onions in thick-ish slices. Fry in a pan until they start to go golden brown, add the chopped garlic. Add the sugar to the pan and caramelize. As soon as they go nice and brown, ad the balsamic vinegar and fry for about a minute until the vinegar has reduced. Sprinkle evenly over the pizza base.
Slice the blue cheese in chunks and add this to the pizza. Grate the organic cheddar evenly over the pizza.
Now it is ready for the oven.
Pop into hot oven and leave on the bottom shelf for about 10min. Checking regularly to see if the pizza base does not burn.
Once you notice that the base is not floppy anymore, you can move the pizza to a higher shelf for about 5 min.