I used to love Listerine. That burning sensation, as as you feel your mouth being cleansed, used to give me such a kick in the morning. Now I don’t use it any more. Here’s why…
I’ve found a safe and natural mouthwash that still gives me that fresh-breath-kick I need in the morning but without the lingering feeling that I may have exposed my mouth to unsavoury alcohols and chemicals.
Read on to get the recipe of this natural mouth wash made with essential oils.
There are 2 main reasons why so many purists in natural living, like me, have stopped using conventional mouthwash products.
- I’d rather live with a clear conscious knowing I did not support cruel animal testing.
- I don’t want to expose my body to any more harmful chemicals than I have to.
So here’s that natural mouth wash recipe
It’s so easy. All you need is the following:
- 250ml water in a bottle (glass preferably) – It should have a screw on cap to keep the essential oils from evaporating
- Then add 10-20 drops of Tea Tea Essential Oil
- And 10-20 drops of Peppermint Essential Oils
That’s it! Now you have a natural mouth wash.
Directions for use
Before use, give the bottle a good shake. Swirl around in your mouth or gargle with it.
Here’s a note from captain obvious though – Spit, don’t swallow. Essential oils are not meant to be taken internally.
I hope you enjoy this refreshing natural mouth wash made with natural essential oils.